Eastern Senior High School is pleased to enroll students in grades 9 through 12 into its rigorous, college preparatory program for the 2016 -2017 school year. Current 8th grade students living within Eastern’s boundary, or attending one of its feeder middle schools (Browne, Eliot-Hine, Jefferson, or Stuart-Hobson) are automatically guaranteed a seat in the 9th grade and must complete the annual DCPS enrollment packet. All students desiring membership in ACE, HMSA, or BUILD (read more about application programs below) must apply to their specific program of interest. There are a limited number of seats for out-of-boundary students at Eastern. Out-of-boundary students must gain admission to Eastern through the My School DC application. They are also encouraged to apply to one of our specialized programs so that they can take advantage of Eastern’s unique programming should they gain admission to Eastern through the My School DC lottery. We cannot offer out-of-boundary students a seat in any of our specialized programs until the results of the My School DC lottery have been released. In-boundary students must also apply in order to join any of our specialized programs.
Upcoming Open House Dates
December 15, 2016 – 6:00 p.m.
January 12, 2017 – 6:00 p.m.
February 16, 2017 – 6:00 p.m.
Apply for a Specialized Program at Eastern
Accelerated Cohort @ Eastern (ACE) 2016 -2017 Application Requirements:
- Must be applying as a 9th grader
- Two teacher recommendations
- Personal essays
- Completion and submission of the ACE Application 2016-2017
Health and Medical Sciences Academy (HMSA) 2016-2017 Application Requirements:
- Must be applying as a 9th or 10th grader
- Two teacher recommendations
- Personal essay
- Completion and submission of the HMSA Application 2016 – 2017
BUILD 2016-2017 Application Requirements:
Learn More About Eastern
- Ask good questions if members of the Eastern team come to your middle school for an information session.
- Check out our school profile on the DCPS website: http://profiles.dcps.dc.gov/eastern.
- Follow us on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook to get the most up to date details on what’s happening at Eastern.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the “Prospective Families” mailing list.
Enroll Your Child
If you are within Eastern’s boundary, we are enrolling grades 9 through 12 for the 2016 -2017 school year. The enrollment packets will be made available in December 2015 and will include the items listed below.
□ Proof of DC Residency*
□ Birth Certificate
□ Current Report Card
All items submitted should include the name and address of the person enrolling the student:
One (1) of the following items suffices to establish DC residency:
□ Pay Stub (issued within 45 days, DC taxes withholding)
□ Official documentation of financial assistance from the DC Government. This includes TANF, Medicaid, Housing Assistance, or other programs.
□ Supplemental Security Income Notification
Two (2) of the following items suffice to establish DC residency:
□ Unexpired DC motor vehicle registration
□ Unexpired lease or rental agreement with receipt for payment
□ Unexpired DC motor vehicle operator permit or non-driver identification card
□ Utility bill (limited to gas, electric, and water within 2 months of issuance